Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jean Thornton Clinic!

We had a clinic at the stable today with Jean Thornton, one of the area's biggest dressage trainers and a USDF gold medalist. You can see her page here:http://www.palominowarmbloods.com/index.html

I wasn't originally planning on riding in it because of the cost, but one of the other riders was sick and the barn manager Karen offered to pay for me to ride. (That was so nice of her!) Because Sammie was still sore, we had a ground lesson and worked on longeing, free jumping, and working in hand. She complemented his jumping.. yay! Longeing, not so much. We have a few kinks to work out. He was really good in hand- we worked on bending him while moving forward and basic flexion.

She will be having clinics at the barn monthly, so next time I'll definitely ride.

1 comment:

  1. Your profile lies. Your heart does not belong to Jello. It BELONGS to me, Elizabeth.
    I PAID FAIR AND SQUARE.

    ReplyDelete