Sunday, July 10, 2011

Thinking out loud.

Hmm. I have been looking into sports psychology a lot lately as I really need to get a handle on my show ring anxiety. I just always blow my first class, and hrgh! have issues over fences. Flat classes are my love- Bunny and I almost always pin and have a good time, but jumping just wigs me out a little. See, I KNOW she will go over anything I point her at if I just take it easy, but I always pick pick pick before the fence and it shakes her up, resulting in bad distances and the occasional involuntary dismount.

This particularly involves my twitchy desire to move up to 2'6, because I mean it's freaking tiny and I am sick of toodling around with the little kids, but at the same time I get so nervous. I mean, it's just three inches higher and it's not like Bunny cares, but gawd, as soon as I see it looming it looks a foot taller. And then I like to pick fences to be scared of, which makes her unsure of herself. I have been riding for SIX. YEARS. There is no reason for me to continue being anxious.

I am leaning toward going out and DOING IT. Just doing it until she and I are used to it. But then I worry that she will stop and then it will ruin both of our confidence. I just don't know. I might do some gymnastics and set the last fence to 2'6, and then make it an oxer since she and I both have distance issues with oxers. Hmmm.

Anyways, here is some footage of our first jump school since March. My equitation is pretty nasty- I need to fix my release and the hunching.


No comments:

Post a Comment