Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Drumroll, please.

Photobucket

Who could that charming young horse be? His name is Sammie, my new event partner in training. Even though he is off the track, you'd never know it. He had two starts, but as soon as he was out the gate, he would drag his jockey to the outside of the pack and just canter along merrily, or so the story goes. Needless to say, his racing career was short lived.

His previous owner, Misty (You'll probably hear a lot about her. She's great.), picked him up at an auction in Kentucky and ponied problem horses off the track with him for a while. She brought him back to Florida about two years ago and retrained him as a saddle horse. I picked him up in November, and here we are.

We are both pretty green. I know, I know...Green on green gets black and blue. I have been riding for three years now, but mostly just hacking around on my chubby cow of a Paint mare, who I sold in August. Anyways. Sammie is fearless and disturbingly intelligent. We are still adjusting to each other, which makes for some interesting situations, but there is no rush. I'm planning on focusing on dressage until he turns five in April, just to improve communication.

Here's a picture of his cute lil' jump. He wasn't jumped often, just because of his age, but you can see he's a natural. (That's one of Misty's pictures.)

Photobucket

Well, that's all I have to say for now.

Liz

1 comment:

  1. Sammie is adorable!! I can't wait to see more pics!!!

    ReplyDelete