Saturday, November 21, 2009

Berky gets another new bit.

My horse is such a dumbass sometimes, but geez I love him.

Anyways, he went from steady Eddy to bouncing off the walls OTTB in about three days flat, so the general consensus is that my eggbutt snaffle isn't going to cut it for the time being. I hate resorting to bigger bits to solve issues like this, but when you consider I can either yank his teeth out with a snaffle or take up the slack on the curb portion of a pelham, the choice is obvious. I don't "do" twisted bits, and a Kimberwick doesn't phase him, so it looks like we are going to get a short-shanked rubber mouth pelham and another set of reins. If I am going to use a big bit, I am going to take the time to do it right, even if it means slowing things down and learning to ride with another set of reins.

UGH. I have a show in two weeks. Hopefully we'll be able to smooth over the bumps before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment