Friday, June 12, 2009

Eh, random barn-y stuff.

Been giving Berky a little lighter riding load lately in an attempt to help him pick up weight. He's coming along a little bit, but he is still pretty thin.

Anyways, when I have ridden, we have stuck to w/t and worked on the usual- on the bit, leg yielding, shoulder in and out, circles. He's doing much better and reaches down into the contact now on his own, and while he still carries his neck level with his withers with his nose poked a little bit, he isn't upside down anymore. Maybe he will make a hunter?

As for me, I have been working on my slumpy shoulders of doom. I picked up so many bad habits when I was out of lessons....grr. I have a video of a lesson I had three weeks ago, complete with flubbed exercise* and posting off my hands. He's being pretty fidgety with his carriage in this one, but he's improved a lot since. (I don't know where the hand thing came from- I usually have pretty independent hands. It's one of my strong points :/.)


* I thought she wanted inside flexion on the rail,which we haven't worked on, hence the weird facial expression and cutting in.

No comments:

Post a Comment