Friday, June 19, 2009

Jump course design.

Allannah thought it would be good for Berky and I to get back into jumping. He's a veteran, and I'm not entirely new to it, although I'd still call myself a beginner- I was doing 2'3 with Sammie. It's just been a while. I set up a pansyish jump "course" like this: (not to scale, of course!)X= cross rail, V= vertical. All heights set to 18". The .... are just filler.

corner 3
|-------V-------|
|...............|
|...............|
|........V7....X4
X2.......|......|
|........V6.....|
|........|.....V5
X1.......|------|

Start with a crossrail, 2 stride, crossrail, continue around on the rail, go to a single vertical, corner, crossrail, 2 stride, vertical, up centerline, and a bounce with a change over the final fence. Everything was oriented so I could pull back onto the rail if things got too bad, and while the distances were set for cantering, I could trot the long stretches of arena and regroup if I had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment