Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to work.

Working over our jumping course while the arena's dry. We attempted the rolltop, which ended in me falling on my butt. We came through the corner (it's on the diagonal) and he broke to a trot. Had to get the transition, and then two strides out, he started to run out, so I sat deep and gave him outside leg. He chipped, I got left behind, and so on. It was great. But it was his first time over it, and my first time with him, so I figure things could have been worse.

Today, we set up a slightly different course, but basically, diagonal 2ft-ish crossrail to vertical, outside vertical( 2ft), outside line (2ft), and, if we were up to it, rolltop (2'3). We warmed up over the crossrail, just working on trotting it slowly because he had been rushing yesterday. We got over that bump, then did the course a few times without taking a single rail!!! YAY! Yesterday, we knocked over the outside line almost every time we tried it. Today, I bumped it up a hole and really made him listen. Surprise, surprise! Success.

Had another first: we cantered through the WHOLE THING without any mishaps or having to fix a wrong lead. I wish I had it on camera- the battery died. I have some stills and video coming as soon as it's charged. He was nearly perfect, and my form's really coming along- I guess from riding bareback so much the past week. My release is still faulty- I put my hands along his crest instead of on the sides of his neck. Eh.

ETA:
Pictures.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment