Monday, August 16, 2010

I love my horse.

I know, what an original sentiment! The dear pony was so tolerant of my rustiness today. And man, was it bad. It's amazing what a ten-day hiatus can do to your riding. Not to mention pathetic. My lower legs were nasty, to the point that I just dropped my stirrups and then eventually took off the saddle altogether.

And of course, Bunny was perfect, aside from a spook-snort-spin at a horse in a sheet. She really is terrified of horses in sheets. It's hilarious. We got over it once she realized it was just Sis, a mare in her herd. Still, it was a near-death experience.

No, I am just glad she is tolerant. It's days like these that I don't feel worthy of riding, when I feel like a mushy mess and she takes care of me when she has every right to dump me on my butt. We rode with Paige for a bit. She's switched to Bridget Imparato, and it's amazing how her riding has improved. As soon as my unemployed arse finds a job, I will probably alternate between her, Patti, and maybe Sandra Vaughn. She took Chagall, the horse who would refuse a crossrail and gave the barn trainer a concussion, over a 2'9 course without blinking. It's impressive.

Anyways, I ramble, and have almost nothing interesting to say. The Silver Sands photographer still hasn't uploaded the BTB photos, so whatever. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment