Monday, August 30, 2010

The worst timing.

So I have been in class and am only able to ride four times a week or so. Don't usually go out Mondays, but I had to give Maddie a ride to her lesson so I figured I'd check mare over.

And I pulled her out of the field.

And she her eye was swollen. Excellent.

There was a small fleck on her cornea, and Karen said to rinse it with saline and see if it went away. It didn't. Actually, it looked almost like a convex blob... great.

So it's a corneal abrasion, or an abscess, or something lovely like that. The vet was on an emergency call and could not make it tonight, so she will be out first thing in the morning. I am sweating blood. We put some triple antibiotic ointment on it after rinsing it in saline, and then gave her bute and put her in her flymask... ugh. Why do horses pick the most inopportune times to hurt themselves??

As for me, I am gonna be at the barn at six thirty tomorrow morning to check on her before school. My brothers are gonna hate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment