Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Well.

Today wasn't epic failure, thank goodness. We set up the teeeny tiiiny gymnastic line to see how she'd do. I jump so infrequently because I'm paranoid about her joints, so we have developed the dreaded "OMG JUMPING!" syndrome. *sigh* But at any rate, she settled in to her hum-de-dum self. I was very surprised at how well she took the gymnastics. It was just crossrail-1-vertical-1-teeny oxer, so it wasn't huge and terrifying, but still. It was my first time through a gymnastic since, what, March? and that was on Berks, so I was a tad nervous. As usual, she packed me through it like a champ.

As for me, well, my brothers had the camera, so I can't be too sure, but I felt pretty good. I just have have have to think to push my leg forward in the air and fold down instead of out. I never used to have this problem, but we had a few fences where I felt really spot-on and good. I think it's a matter of consistency.

I guess what I need to do is just start incorporating two or three little fences into our riding every day, that way it isn't a super-awesome-fun big deal.

Anyways, we finished off with a good gallop. She looves to gallop, the little booger, but then again, what horse doesn't? We have a quarter mile grassy stretch that is absolutely perfect, and I can usually tell a difference the next day because her back feels looser. I imagine the gallop is just so nice and extended that it gives them a good stretch or something.

At any rate, there is the summary of today's doings.

No comments:

Post a Comment