Sunday, August 21, 2011

Our Latest Doings

Flying changes are coming along. She is about 60% right to left and 80% left to right. She always gets the front; it's just a matter of getting the hind.



This is a recent video of our flat. Even since then, her "jog" has come along. Yesterday I got a few steps of the super-collected, slow step I have been looking for. Her lope is still a work in progress. It feels unnatural to me, but it's funny. I had tried schooling her for dressage for a little bit yesterday and she really, really hated it. I guess the proof is in the pudding.

Got a job at the hospital, so hopefully that means I can get some lessons in WP soon. I think she could be competitive as even on the longe she is very, very slow legged and deep hocked- much more so than when I am on. I really just want to play to her strengths and enjoy her, so I am game for anything.

Our jumping is coming along beautifully as well. We are schooling 2'3-2'6 courses now and seem to have found a rhythm. We very rarely get nasty spots anymore now that I understand "forward." Started working on little oxers again as I really, really have a hard time with them, and surprise surprise they are no longer terrofying. I mean, they are made of cavaletti, but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment