Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Regularly scheduled Bunny

Anyways, back to the Bunster. We have been busy. My broke ass is shelling out all of my money for top of the line feed, which I am happy to do, but it means I have to skimp somewhere, meaning lessons. Ironically, Patti sold her lesson horse, so she needs a solid walk/trotter for her chilluns. This means I get a free lesson for every lesson Bun is used for, which is fantabulous as she needs some time just walking and trotting on a loose rein and I need the instruction.

She is so cute with the little kids too. We have been working toward her Quarter Horsey roots, so lots of jog/lope work with her butt up under her when I ride. She seems to realize these gentle gaits sit well with the beginners and has just naturally taken to using them unless squeezed into a trot. One of the little kids was learning to post, and she just went round and round on a long rein and even stopped when she got unbalanced and tippy. So cute. She really pokes her nose and stretches out too, so I am glad for her to be able to work the kinks out.

Such a good mind on that mare. Love her to pieces.

Anyways, us. I have decided if I strike oil or Bunny decides she hates jumping, we are going to foray into the magical land of Western pleasure. I want her to be well-rounded and able to do just about anything, and I have absolutely fallen in love with the pleasure horses. She would never stand up to stiff competition, but for local stuff? Why not.

In terms of lessons and stuff, we are working on my confidence. She and I are so good together, but I really have to be an aggressive rider and give her the support she needs. This is painful to watch, but here you go. She tells me when I am riding poorly, for sure. We were so out of synch in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment