Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I call it "guerrilla hunter"

Allanah and I were discussing my ultra-defensive equitation. We have dubbed it "guerrilla hunters." That's probably not a good thing, hahaha.

So I introduced Bunny to draw reins yesterday, for just a few minutes.* Mostly to get her used to them, should I ever need them.
Here is what we got.
Photobucket

It just reminds me that, when I restrict with my hand, I need to add leg. The rein is loose, but I imagine it was still restrictive enough to prompt her to go BTV. I like everything else about this picture, however. (Her round, supporting back, active hock, free shoulder.... my eq isn't crap ;P)

Photobucket

This is our more working outline, minus the draw rein. (Excuse the fact that these are all in the same area of the ring ;) I put my camera on the rail and ride while it films.)

Photobucket

Bunny fit. She has mare moments. (No draw rein. Just plain snaffle.)


Photobucket

And this is my favorite.

*Disclaimer- I have worked in draw reins before, and ALWAYS use a snaffle rein. I don't pull into an outline: I fix them at a certain length and use them only as a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment