Monday, June 28, 2010

100th Post!!

So this is my 100th post, I guess. Hooray?

Anyways, all I can think is that I win some, I lose some. I had a lovely ride the past two days, just doing some conditioning work down the dirt road. Lemme think. Monday, I started in the arena and worked over a crossrail with a placing pole one stride out on either side. We had lead issues-this time to the right- which just tells me that my position was wonky. Don't have any footage.

Yesterday, we did our legit "long-distance" (hahahaha) riding. We went out with Paige and Maddie, and trotted down the road until the dead end. We would have gone farther, but Maddie was having an Eclipse party and had to get home. Either way, it was nice. My little quarter horse kept the big spooky thoroughbred calm, and gave the snotty Welsh pony something to pin his ears at. I was rather proud, haha.

It was nice to just maintain a forward working pace for an extended period of time, without worrying about patterns or bend. She really seems to enjoy getting out- I might take her on the trail Berky and I used to poke around on and see how she does. Hopefully, she'll be game for crossing the water. Then I might head down to the new barn and take her in the back field- it's nice. I dropped her coggins off and signed a waiver, and now I'm allowed to take her around the property (as long as there are no loose horses). I figure it would be nice to let her sniff around before I take her down there.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making it to 100. A lot of people start blogs thinking they have 100 posts worth of things to say and discover soon after that they really don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Just out of curiosity, what brings you to my horsey blog? Also, I'm subscribing to yours- it looks nice and cerebral, and hoo boy, I am always interested to hear new takes on religion.

    ReplyDelete