Sunday, June 6, 2010

Show, and then plans for Denna's benefit show next weekend

So Denna had an aneurysm last week, and scared us all to death :/ She has been in an induced coma for several days, and all her bank accounts have been frozen, so we are trying to raise money to pay for her bills until they can wake her up. (She has 30+ horses in training, and others she is boarding.) The doctors are estimating months of recovery time, and three more weeks in the hospital. Ugh...

She is a beloved judge and trainer in Central Florida, and so the Canterbury Equestrian Park has decided to use the proceeds from their Tri-Country H/J show for Denna's farm bills. So Bunny and I are doing a show a little sooner than we thought.

I think I'm going to do these classes, if I get myself comfortable hauling my behind around a low course between now and then:

'Warm-up Classes'
21.)Crossrails Hunter over fences
23.)Crossrails Hunter u/s
24.)Crossrails Equitation flat

Legit classes:
Hunt Seat Equitation (I'm gonna get my rear end kicked if I don't fix my leg)
Hunter Pleasure
Hunter Under Saddle

Baby Green Hunter O/F 2' (both classes)
Baby Green Hunter Flat

One thing I'm really having to adapt to is the fact that Bunny is built so downhill. I look at my photos and think, "Holy croup, Batman!" But then I realize, well, there's no rocking her back just yet, because she needs some serious strength to do that with her build, so I may as well work MORE transitions/patterns and work on keeping her back up. It's a weird transition, going from super-uphill TBs to a downhill Quarter Horse, haha. Also, her canter feels really fast, but I watch the video, and she actually seems cadenced. Oh, the wonders of conformation.


Photobucket

ACTIVE TROT FTW.
Photobucket

My stirrups were so long today. I don't even know how I rode with them like that. I got a new pair of leathers, and my legs are different lengths, so, uh, yeah. It was an adventchaaa! in leg stuff. Also, the arena carnage is because we had a wicked huge windstorm and everything blew down.

In other news, the other girls went to a show today. It was an experience, most definitely. The horses were all nuts. I probably saw six or eight falls today, and countless refusals. Never have I seen so much misbehavior! One horse bucked down a line, another bolted and took out a standard, another crow hopped so violently that he sent his petite rider over his shoulder. Paige's Canadian gelding, Chagall, refused two fences in his round, and when she took him to the back ring to school, Allanah (the barn trainer), got on him to help her out.

Allanah jumps him over the plain white fence twice each way, and then has us raise it to 3'3 or so. (From 2'9. This is what they are schooling at home, and what they schooled last night.) He tried to run out, and Allanah stopped him, picked up another clean canter, and rode him to the fence. She asked for the longer spot, and he decided to chip instead and jump over his knees- like launch way up in the process.

She lost a stirrup, and when they landed, he bolted and started bucking. Really violently. He wasn't sore- Paige just had him adjusted, and he had been fine the whole rest of the trip, except for the two refusals. He threw A BIG ONE, and launched Allanah up and over. She landed on her head (yeesh) and ended up going to the hospital with a concussion.

So the rest of the show went on, trainerless.
Sarah kicked behind with How-D in her hunter classes, and did tolerably well in her 3' jumper division. She two perfectly clean rounds, and won a jump off. :D

Katie competed against her in the jumpers, and did well too, but Adeline is super hot and she had to hold her back a little more to keep her round on the approach.(Obviously, that's a good thing.) However, she messed up her striding and took a rail.

Maddie did the 2'6-2'9 hunters, and kicked behind. Jack was the only horse in the class to jump the skeery outside line without any bobbles.

Natalie had her first show with Othello, and did the short stirrup. She's our youngest rider, and we were all really on edge hoping she'd do well. She took Grand. Of course. That's how we roll at Millennium :D

No comments:

Post a Comment