Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I got an award!




From wolfandterriers down at Ponies in Med School and Rachel at Bad Ways to Sell Your Horse. Thank you so much!

Now I get to tell ten things about myself.

1. Hm. Well, I have a nasty guilty pleasure for anything cat print. Scarves, fabric, jewelry. Creepy, but true. I had a pair of cat pajama pants that I wore periodically for about 5 years. It really freaked Tyler out.

2. I love breakfast food... I eat it all day. As a matter of fact, I just had an egg and toast a few minutes ago.

3. I sew. Like a maniac. I have knitting needles in every size- even some obnoxious hot pink ones that I use only for purple scarves. Many of my creations are pretty ill-advised and never see the light of day- case in point, this skirt I made a few weeks ago from fabric scraps. It's skeery, and proof that floof aficionados have no business near sewing machines.



4. I don't like babies. It probably makes me some sort of freak of nature, but they're so *floppy* and dirty.

5. My first horse was an obese Paint pony who used to roll over on people when she didn't want to be ridden.



6. I have three dogs: Moe, an American bulldog, Ella, a pitbull mix, and Sammy (no relation to the horse I used to lease), a psychotic miniature schnauzer who only wags his tail when you say "Deedle deedle." I love drooly, bully breeds- can you tell?

7. I do not have a cell phone. My parents canceled my plan when the economy went down the toilet, and I haven't had one since then.

8. I can read four languages, and kinda-sorta speak three: English (obviously), Spanish (because it's mandatory), Koine Greek (my school is classical and bizarre), and Latin, which I can only read because I only took it for a year.

9. My best friend Tyler lives 500 miles away. I am going to visit her in a few weeks! And we will look weird together, because she is a rivethead and I enjoy oldschool, classical goth. (I never look it when I'm at the barn, though, for obvious reasons.)

10. My favorite book thus far is "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoevsky. Raskolnikov and I are soul buddies.

And now, the blogs I nominate.

I pray contagion of the feeble mind.
Tyler's spewings.


Bad Ways to Sell Your Horse
A hilarious blog showcasing terrible sale ads.


Behind the Bit
Riley and his mom updating on dressage training, the sporthorse world, and just general, horse-related news.


Maybe Mae
She isn't really active any more, but she had a very heartfelt blog about riding.


Jumping Percheron
An adorable, talented Percheron mare training for jumpers. Stacey, her owner, is currently stationed in Korea, but she updates occasionally and will be returning to Hawaii soon.


I is Roxie!
Roxie is a cute little Percheron mare who blogs all by herself.


I am an Imperial horse who NEEDS sugars!
Max, the five year old Lippizanner.

1 comment: