Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Improvement. We have it. (Picture overload)

First off, he put on weight.
Photobucket

Compare with how he looked when I found him:
Photobucket

And jumping is a TON better.

When I first started jumping with him (sorry for the quality-it's off a still.)

Photobucket

Two weeks ago, complete with nasty lower leg:
Photobucket

Today:
My release was bad here, but it's a similar jump to the previous pictures:
Photobucket

A little better over a vertical, but now it's the shoulders *sigh*
Photobucket

We took a close distance here- my fault- and my butt could be out of the tack a little more.
Photobucket

And just for the hell of it, todays REALLY fugly jump- we were jumping it kind of as a rollback, I totally flubbed the distance and we ended up launching over it from a really bizarre spot:
Photobucket

Photobucket


Anyways, yes. It was dry enough to jump today, and my lesson got canceled, so we practiced over some gymnastics and stuff. I wish I had pictures or video of the whole thing, but oh well. We are improving a ton, and a lot of the mistakes are form me. I have to really work on not roaching my back and my release, but I feel like my timing and confidence is improving.

We had our first attempted lead change today down the diagonal. I have that on video, but it's crammed between 20 minutes of warming up, fixing jumps, etc. He got it- I was really excited, because I have that to fall back on if I need it. I prefer a simple change right now, just because of my inexperience, but anyways.

Looking forward to my next lesson, whenever that is. Allannah had to rush her boyfriend to the hospital this morning, so it might be a while.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I've nominated you for a blogging award...come and get it! :)

    ReplyDelete