Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Oh the usual.

Barn again today. Berkshire had some proud flesh that had to be removed, but that's about the extent of our excitement.

The arena was dry enough to ride in, which bodes well for tomorrow's lesson. We did more flatwork- mostly working on my 2-point over little flower boxes minus the flowers (in lieu of ground poles, which were underwater in a flooded pasture) and my sitting trot. I've got the sitting trot down pat; I can pretty much stay balanced an relaxed even in a more forward trot. Two point needs work, as usual, but I'm getting better. I lowered my stirrups a hole, which really helped me fold down into the tack without ending up on his neck.

That's about it. I have a lovely candid shot of me fixing my shirt- my camera was on the fence and decided to take a picture somehow. I cropped it to fit, obviously. ya gotta love the paleness, too.. it's kind of an accomplishment.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Berky always looks so herr derr dee derr.
    It's rather refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know- it always makes me laugh. His ears are always lopped out, even out in the pasture, unless, of course, I'm bribing him with a carrot. He isn't the sharpest tack in the box, but he's just right for me.

    ReplyDelete