Sunday, July 26, 2009

Minor doings.

Been out to the barn the past few days. Spent Friday trail riding because some of the older girls had set up another makeshift XC course, which included a shallow but wide ditch for a sunken road, some banks, and trashcans turned on their sides. It was right next to the arena, so rather than worry about distracting them or vise versa, Berky and I went out exploring. He did shockingly well, considering he's a spooky horse; we only had one fidget when some dogs caught us by surprise.

It was so pretty out. We just went down the dirt road maybe a mile both ways, but there were a lot of blooming wildflowers and the wild grapes were ripe. We walked up and down the sides of a ditch just for fun and did some lazy serpentines around the scraggly pines. In all, it was just a chance to sit back and appreciate how lucky I am to be able to have a companion like Berkshire.

Anyways, yesterday and today were work days. We did flatwork yesterday and worked on our leads- he's been having trouble getting his right lead, which makes me wonder if I'm collapsing a hip or something. Aside from that, he's been his typical, laid back self, so I don't think it's a pain issue. I think I'm going to talk to the equine massage therapist at the barn and see if she can work on him, just to be safe.

Today, we set up the gymnastic again. He was a good boy for the most part, but my dad said he kicked out when I gave him a pop for lugging on my reins. I didn't even notice.

Anyways, more pictures. These are grainy, but you can see the basics. My shoulders were slightly better and my leg's the same, but my release is more proportionate.

Here you have them.

Slippy leg.
Photobucket

I'm liking my leg a lot in this one.

Photobucket

This was one of our better jumps.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment