Wednesday, July 1, 2009

SHOW!!!!!!! or at least, some random rambling about it.

Ok, so Berky and I are officially going to Battle of the Barns this year....T-28 days! That said, we have yet to figure out our classes. I'm leaning toward X-rails equitation U/S, X-rails HUS, and X-Rails Hunter over fences for the first day, with Long Stirrup equitation U/S, Long Stirrup Hunter O/F, and Long Stirrup EQ O/F the second day.

I am soooo excited. I pulled his mane today, even though the show isn't for a month (so fat lotta good it'll do), and we're going to dye his tail dark because it's all bleached out. Most of the hunter riders at the barn are going- Maddie and Jackson, Claire and Kay, Sarah and her 17hh QH How-D (He's HUGE and always in the ribbons), Brittany and Wonder, me, and Paige and Sunny. It's basically a point-earning thing, and one of our rival stables always wins because they draft everyone for the classes, down to the beginners. Millenium usually places second or third.

So in the meantime, I get to keep doing what I'm doing. Berky and I are finally clicking and working as a team- it's a good feeling. We're moving up to riding six days a week with at least two devoted to jumping, but most of our focus on our flatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment